We are looking for a passionate and highly experienced AWS Cloud / DevOps engineer to implement and maintain our cloud infrastructure, set up our CI/CD pipelines and support the developers by deploying and monitoring their containerised services.
- Maintain and secure our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Deploy cloud microservices in a robust, scalable and cost-effective way
- Implement automated service monitoring and alert strategies
- Implement and maintain our CI/CD pipelines and other DevOps pipelines
- Deploy and maintain our IoT backend infrastructure
- Be actively involved in the architectural choices for new services, bringing experience and practical considerations to the table
- Security minded with experience automating and deploying secure service infrastructures
- Deep knowledge of AWS concepts (VPC, IAM) and serverless services such as ECS, ECR, Fargate, Lambda, etc.
- Experience provisioning those with AWS cloudformation or equivalent
- Strong practical experience with containerisation and container orchestration with docker
- Experience deploying fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience managing RESTful and/or graphQL APIs with AWS API Gateway or equivalent
- Experience with AWS IoT infrastructure (core, fleet management, etc) is hugely beneficial - more generally, any experience with DevOps in an IoT or device fleet context
- Minimum of 5 years of solid experience in similar roles
- Self-starter who loves to get things done
- Amazing problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Lifelong learner, always willing to learn and teach
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and ready to embrace SCRUM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally French
hestiia was founded in 2016 with the vision to enable the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle. Our mission is to accelerate the energy transition with innovative and affordable products with an incredible user experience. We are developing a next-generation electric heater that recycles heat from data centers to heat homes. hestiia resells computing power to reduce users' heating bills and the environmental impact of data centers.
By joining us, you are taking part in an adventure that has a real impact on the energy transition by offering a positive technology for the environment accessible to all without conditions of resources. The company is now valued at 15 million euros in the latest funding round and are now looking to accelerate. We are looking for candidates who are hyper motivated by a challenge, embrace responsibility and bring passion to work. Joining us means joining a team united by common values of mutual aid and going beyond expectations. It means integrating a team that seeks above all an ecological and social transition for a better future world.
About the dev team
Hestiia is growing fast and we are looking for talented developers and devops engineers to build the software infrastructure behind our revolutionary connected heater. You will be working hand-in-hand with our design, electronics, engineering and manufacturing team to launch an amazing product with an incredible user experience.
We are building a world-class software architecture comprising:
- mobile apps and their backends
- APIs and microservices
- onboard software running on our very own smart heater
- IoT infrastructure to manage our fleet of helia, push updates, etc
- facilities to handle, store and analyse a huge amount of data
- a large scale payment system - our users get money every months!
- custom mining pool proxies and relevant monitoring / fraud detection
- integration with smart home devices (e.g. assistants)
- smart algorithms to improve the customer experience: learning routines, optimising heating time, detecting presence, etc
- And much more!
Embrace responsibility. Ever upward! Take responsibility rather than searching for excuses. Failure is a learning moment.
Improvise fast, adapt, and overcome. Time is our most scarce resource. Don’t be afraid to innovate at with speed.
Transparency builds trust. Be open about your failures and course correct early. Transparency removes internal politics, information hiding, wishful thinking, and unveils problems early.
Go beyond expectations. Going the extra mile enables exponential growth. Delight customers with a solution that raises the bar to a higher standard.
Humble conviction. Listen as if you are wrong and argument as if you are right. Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you. This allows us to confidently and quickly move forward while course-correcting when new information arises.
Shoot for the stars while staying deeply rooted in reality. We are idealistic in the vision and pragmatic in the execution.
Care radically for others. We care for those with whom we interact. Whether it is with your team, a partner or a client, we expect everyone to be able to be personal, sincere and authentic.
Bring passion to work. Passion transforms a job into a vocation. Your passion is a gift. Come contribute to the energy transition with us.