We are looking for an enthusiastic and extremely experienced data engineer to design and implement robust, scalable and cost-effective data storage solutions and data pipelines across all our services.
- Recommend and implement cloud data storage solutions across the business
- Design database structures and data service architecture to enable the running of robust, scalable and cost-effective data pipelines
- Design, test, deploy and maintain automated ETL data pipelines to support digital projects
Data analysis and ML
- Support data analysts by configuring appropriate self-serve access and helping with complex queries
- Support data scientists by setting up and maintaining ML pipelines
- Share and document best practices regarding everything data
- Identify and implement process improvements in data pipelines
- Ensure storage of sensitive data is secure and regulatory compliant
- Experience designing and launching a database backing a mobile app
- Experience implementing cloud-based data warehouses and ETL pipelines
- Experience building scalable infrastructure handling a large amount of logs and raw data in real time
- Ability to discuss pros and cons of any technical approach
- Expert knowledge of query languages such as SQL or graphQL for APIs
- Experience working with APIs and microservices
- Proficient in at least one programming language and able to process data with it
- Knowledge of IoT cloud platforms (esp. AWS)
- Experience building data solutions for a connected product (IoT) or a fleet of devices
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and ready to embrace SCRUM
- Minimum of 5 years of solid experience in a similar role
- 10+ years in IT working with DBs, cloud services, etc
- Self-starter who loves to get things done
- Amazing problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Lifelong learner, always willing to learn and teach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally French
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly developed attention to detail
hestiia was founded in 2016 with the vision to enable the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle. Our mission is to accelerate the energy transition with innovative and affordable products with an incredible user experience. We are developing a next-generation electric heater that recycles heat from data centers to heat homes. hestiia resells computing power to reduce users' heating bills and the environmental impact of data centers.
By joining us, you are taking part in an adventure that has a real impact on the energy transition by offering a positive technology for the environment accessible to all without conditions of resources. The company is now valued at 15 million euros in the latest funding round and are now looking to accelerate. We are looking for candidates who are hyper motivated by a challenge, embrace responsibility and bring passion to work. Joining us means joining a team united by common values of mutual aid and going beyond expectations. It means integrating a team that seeks above all an ecological and social transition for a better future world.
About the dev team
Hestiia is growing fast and we are looking for talented developers and devops engineers to build the software infrastructure behind our revolutionary connected heater. You will be working hand-in-hand with our design, electronics, engineering and manufacturing team to launch an amazing product with an incredible user experience.
We are building a world-class software architecture comprising:
- mobile apps and their backends
- APIs and microservices
- onboard software running on our very own smart heater
- IoT infrastructure to manage our fleet of helia, push updates, etc
- facilities to handle, store and analyse a huge amount of data
- a large scale payment system - our users get money every months!
- custom mining pool proxies and relevant monitoring / fraud detection
- integration with smart home devices (e.g. assistants)
- smart algorithms to improve the customer experience: learning routines, optimising heating time, detecting presence, etc
- And much more!
Embrace responsibility. Ever upward! Take responsibility rather than searching for excuses. Failure is a learning moment.
Improvise fast, adapt, and overcome. Time is our most scarce resource. Don’t be afraid to innovate at with speed.
Transparency builds trust. Be open about your failures and course correct early. Transparency removes internal politics, information hiding, wishful thinking, and unveils problems early.
Go beyond expectations. Going the extra mile enables exponential growth. Delight customers with a solution that raises the bar to a higher standard.
Humble conviction. Listen as if you are wrong and argument as if you are right. Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you. This allows us to confidently and quickly move forward while course-correcting when new information arises.
Shoot for the stars while staying deeply rooted in reality. We are idealistic in the vision and pragmatic in the execution.
Care radically for others. We care for those with whom we interact. Whether it is with your team, a partner or a client, we expect everyone to be able to be personal, sincere and authentic.
Bring passion to work. Passion transforms a job into a vocation. Your passion is a gift. Come contribute to the energy transition with us.